For the first week:
- Wait 7 days after your floor is
finished before replacing rugs.
- Use proper floor protectors such as
Bona® WoodFloorGard™ or Equinox felt pads
on all legs when replacing furniture.
- Place door mats at all outside
entrances to trap dirt and grit.
To care for your floor and keep it looking
- Vacuum or sweep floor regularly.
- Remove spills promptly. Use a
soft cloth and Bona® Swedish Formula®
Hardwood Floor Cleaner to clean wet spills.
- To clean dry spills use a vacuum or
- Place mats at exterior doors to trap
sand and grit from incoming traffic.
- Use area rugs on high traffic pathways
and pivot areas, at ends of steps, near doorways, etc. All rugs should
allow floors to breathe. Avoid rubber-backed or non-ventilated rugs.
When rugs are impractical, periodically check for wear.
- Renew a worn surface with a Bona®
brand finish before the wood is exposed.
- Maintain the relative humidity
between 40% and 55% because excessive humidity can cause wood fibers to swell,
creating cracks in the finish.
- Never wet mop a wood floor.
Excessive amounts of water can cause your wood floor to swell and cup.
- Do not use wax, oil soap, or other
industrial or household cleaners on your polyurethane finished wood floor.
The use of these products can adversely effect the appearance of the finish
and make refinishing difficult.
we recommend using
Bringing out the best
in hardwood floors
Bona Swedish Formula Hardwood
cleaners are specifically formulated to clean all polyurethane finished wood
floors and factory pre-finished wood floors.
THIS CLEANER IS NOT RECOMMENDED
FOR OILED OR WAXED FLOORS
Bona Hard Surface cleaners are for laminate,
tile, vinyl, marble or granite.